True standard Windows app in Python?

Thomas Dorn thomas.dorn at phreaker.net
Mon Dec 29 08:33:25 EST 2003

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:28:42 +0100, Pjer Holton wrote:

> If I were to build a Windows application that is a true standard Windows
> application in every conceivable way and that adheres to the MS Windows
> standards as much as possible (installation, GUI, printing, registry, RTF
> etc.), and if portability to other platforms is only a minor concern, ...
> would Python be a good choice?

In your situation (i.e. trying to build a Windows application which
is "standard in every conceivable way"), I would not use Python.

If you do not want to use C++ on Windows, C# (.NET) should be a
good solution for you. You even might have a look at the Python
for .NET solutions (in the near future).

HTHomas