install multiple versions of activepython

P Gentry rdgentry1 at cablelynx.com
Mon Dec 15 00:47:51 EST 2003

"Hoang" <tr at jotsite.com> wrote in message news:<5l4Db.71454$jg1.2929 at newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
> > Binary extension modules are a different matter,
>
> exactly, I was using Audiere and it worked with 2.2.  Since the upgrade,
> I've been unable to use it until the Audiere project updates their binaries.
> So I was wondering if it was possible to keep both ActivePython versions
> (2.2 and 2.3) installed under Windows....
>
> anyone else run into such a need?
>
> Hoang Do

Yes, it's possible to have two versions on disk, but best to use only
one at a time, unless you know it's OK.

Store them in separate directories trees, one in your path that you
"normally" use and create a shortcut/alias/exported enviroment
variable -- whichever makes the most natural sense for the way you use
the different versions.

If only a few programs _need_ the older version, load the older
version with the approprate file as an arg using above method (if that
is possible) -- one for each program.

HTH,
prg
above email disabled