Problem installing gadfly on Mandrake 9.2

R.Marquez ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 08:51:55 EST 2003

I tried installing gadfly 1.0 on Mandrake 9.2 and got the following:

[root at localhost gadfly-1.0.0]# python setup.py install
running install
error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
[root at localhost gadfly-1.0.0]#

Of course, the error is correct in that there is no such file.  There
is not even a python2.3/ config directory.  Is the Mandrake
installation of 2.3 cripled?  I have gadfly working fine with Python
2.3 on Windows.

If someone has any pointers or tips they will be much appreciated.

-Ruben