Reading and writing Mozilla-mail in python

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Dec 9 12:49:07 EST 2003

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:27:42 +0100, Uwe Grauer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> who can help on reading and writing mozilla-mail folders with python?

What format are they?  mbox?

> I wanted to implement something like an email-sync for mozilla-mail in
> python.

Some tools to do this already exist.  Check on packages.debian.org.  I
think one of them is called 'offlineimap' and is implemented in
python.

> I did some tests, but something is strange with the email (rfc822)
> modules in python. (The output of parsed messages is different from
> the original input)

Use the 'email' module for handling individual email messages (not
rfc822).  Note that both of those modules only process one message at
a time, not an entire mailbox.

-D

--
In the way of righteousness there is life;
along that path is immortality.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org