Naming conventions for iterator methods?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Dec 23 18:07:25 EST 2003

"John J. Lee" <jjl at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:8765g7jp6j.fsf at pobox.com...
> identifiers.  Yes, it'd confuse the hell out of people like me to have
> to read a Python program written in Korean characters.  But it'd
> confuse me just as much if it were written in Korean but
> transliterated into Roman characters in plain old ASCII.

Maybe true for you, but for most non-Asians, transliterated ASCII
identifiers are *much* easier to read, especially if pronounce-able.  If
something like (made-up) 'koguhan' appears in multiple places, recognizing
the sameness is (again for most people) much easier than with
pronunciation-unknown Korean characters.

For more discussion, try to find some of the (contentious) past threads on
the topic.

TJR