RELEASED: allout-vim 031229

Samuel Walters swalters_usenet at
Wed Dec 31 15:50:32 CET 2003

|Thus Spake François Pinard On the now historical date of Wed, 31 Dec
2003 08:17:50 -0500|

> [Samuel Walters]
> Hello, Sam.  I'm not sure I understand your question.  Do you mean some
> on-line documentation for allout-vim?  Then see:
> The first shows user documentation, the second contains installation
> instructions.  These point to a mirror of my work files, while those in
> the (tiny) distribution are a bit older.
> As for a description of the distribution, I thought the little blurb
> above ("The Allout file format is ...") was sufficient.  Is it not?

Thanks for the quick response.

The first link contains the information I was interested in.  Your blurb
("The Allout file format is ...") is only useful if you know what a
"synoptic structure of a text file" is, especially in the context of
computers.  I tried googling for the term and some variations, and only
turned up religious sites.  I wasn't familiar with the format or the
terminology.  Looking up synoptic in the dictionary didn't shed much light
on the situation.  I just wanted to know what it did before I went through
the trouble of downloading it.

Thank You.

Sam Walters

Never forget the halloween documents.
""" Where will Microsoft try to drag you today?
    Do you really want to go there?"""