Case sensitive and ludicrous statements (was: True, False, None)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Dec 5 14:03:37 EST 2003

Douglas Alan wrote:

> Regarding tuples, I never said that I represented any kind of majority
> -- only what is obviously correct to *me* and some other accomplished
> people.

Your statement that Fredrik was "dead wrong" when he asserted the
opposite could be interpreted to mean you didn't think it was just
your own opinion.  You've now clarified that the "dead wrong" statement
was about his allegedly calling you names, not about his assertion that
you were incorrect in your view so clearly I misinterpreted you (quite
justifiably, I believe).

> Regarding case-insensitive languages, according to my
> experience, I do represent the vast majority and to plain common
> sense.

At least we're agreed that it is not proven whether it is you or I
who is in the majority, and unless and until one of us does something
to prove it which is more rigorous than merely asserting the point,
we'll progress no further.

End of discussion from my point of view.

-Peter