Quickcam and various platforms

ugly_411 ugly_411 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 23:07:54 EST 2003

Hey guys.

I am in the process of writing a few tools for various astronomers
who use quckcams and webcams for star imaging. I wish to be able to
write up packages for generic linux, windows and Max panther. I have
found for windows the VideoCapture module, which I have had some
remote success with. I have seen much for Video4Linux for which I
have no experience (yet). SO my question is this:

Does anyone know how to access the cameras (USB specifically) in any
of these operating systems? I don't mind writing a new interface if
that's what it takes!

Thanks !

Ugly