More info on my Python problem...

Matt Gerrans mgerrans at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 16 02:57:38 EST 2003

"JD" wrote:
> I want to figure out if this really IS a python bug,   but I suspect
> that if it hangs up the console,  it would be a bug.

That's a bit of a leap.   I've had plenty of Python programs that did things
like that and none of it was because of a bug in Python.  After all, it is
possible for a module to do any silly thing it wants, entirely out of
Python's purview.   I think something stupid like range(100000000) is
sufficient to get this behavior on some platforms/configurations.   Is that
a Python bug?

> Is there someone who I might contact via phone to walk me through
> this? (Assuming I can't get adequate information here? ...

Operators are standing by.   If you are not completely satisfied, there is
100% money-back guarantee, too.

> ... Or does anyone care about Python bugs?)

Seriously, asking sardonic questions is probably not the optimal approach to
generate an outpouring of sympathy and helpfulness.   Anyway, it may come as
a shock to you, but there is probably a bit of a chasm between people
"caring about Python bugs" and wanting to give you free phone support.

You might start by fulfilling the promise of your subject and provide "more
info."   Such as, what is your Python program doing, what modules is it
using, etc.   Common sense stuff, as described here: