why does py_compile.compile() miss some errors in sourcefile?

Frank Bechmann fBechmann at web.de
Mon Dec 29 22:02:05 CET 2003

thanks a lot for this substantial explanation. seems that I have to
try much harder to forget my static compiled language experiences :).

if I understood you correctly it is not necessary to try to
'py_compile.compile()' a file once I tried to import it under
pychecker-control because the import already executed the file, so the
import did not only the compile (if necessary) but also the runtime
evaluation.