Calling dlls with Calldll/WinDll or Ctypes or...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at
Thu Dec 18 10:35:14 CET 2003

Todd Gardner wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance here.  I would like to talk to someone that has
> had success in calling ddls in Windows NT/2000/XP.
> I am wondering where to dload any of these packages?  Google searches
> keep turning up articles similar to this.

similar to what?

google for ctypes and press "I feel lucky":
    which has a "downloads" section a bit down.

calldll is a bit harder; you have to add "python" to the search string
to make "I feel lucky" work:

both distributions comes with enough demos and samples to get you
going.  for details on available Win32 functions, see: