segfault in extension module

Nat Echols echols at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 4 15:01:23 EST 2003

> Well, I can't see anything flagrantly wrong with that.
>
> Does a debugger provide any hints?

Someone else suggested this, and this is what the backtrace from gdb
indicated:

#0  0x420744fe in _int_free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x420734d6 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#2  0x0809dc0d in _PyObject_GC_Del ()
#3  0x080ce86f in PyDict_Next ()
#4  0x080d191d in _PyModule_Clear ()
(It goes on like this for a while. . .)

As far as the tls C library, which someone told me was buggy - I don't
know how to force use of a different library; Python appears to be linked
to the same one.  At any rate, I seem to have the same problem on two
different machines, one running SuSE 8.1, one running RedHat 9.0.

thanks,
Nat