Lists and Tuples

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Dec 5 23:16:40 EST 2003

Arthur wrote:

> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
> > I'm never dead wrong.
[snip]

> I should know better than to have anything to say here.
[snip]
> But am surprised to see a point trumped here, simply by quoting Guido.

"Simply" being the operative word, or perhaps "trumped"...  I think
you're missing context, which was an apparent(*) claim that point of view
A was _universally correct_ while B was "dead wrong".  By referring
the Guido's comment, I believe Fredrik was "simply" indicating that
he couldn't have been "dead wrong" by any usual definition of that
term, as at least one other person (perhaps only coincidentally
the BDFL) shared the same view.

-Peter

(*) As was clarified later, the "dead wrong" comment was actually
intended to be a sort of rudeness objection, and not at all a
contradiction of the B point of view, as it appeared to be.