should i switch to IPYTHON interpreter? What is the killer feature of it?

дамјан г. mk at net.mail.penguinista
Wed Dec 10 17:17:35 CET 2003

>>>You can? How?
>> Press tab after typing part of the keyword/method.
> Sean was talking about the 'standard python shell' so I tried
> the default python (2.3) on my mandrake 9.2 box.
> It doesn't work, it just inserts a tab character.

Put this in ~/.pythonrc, and setup the PYTHONSTARTUP environment variable to
point to it: export PYTHONSTARTUP=~/.pythonrc

# ~/.pythonrc
# enable syntax completion
    import readline
except ImportError:
    print "Module readline not available."
    import rlcompleter
    readline.parse_and_bind("tab: complete")

Дамјан                                  (jabberID:damjan at

               I believe the technical term is "Oops!"