Telnet server implementation

kumar santoshk at datec-systems.com
Tue Dec 2 06:49:23 EST 2003

Hi all,

I want to write a telnet server for an embedded linux box using
python.The problem is that it doesn't give a shell ( just a limited
CLI commands for configuring it . )My requirement is to write a telnet
server ( residing on the box) listening on some specific port where it
can listen to telnet requests from clients and provide them an
interactive command line session. I tried using the python's
async_chat module but it is very limited ..any wrappers around this
module  so that it can be used more interactively ??  . Any pointers
would be highly appreciated . The current available CLI on this box
allows me to write python scripts remotely , ftp it and run them, so
executing them won't be  problem.

Thanks
kumar