stddev bug in

John J. Lee jjl at
Fri Dec 5 00:55:02 CET 2003

"Ted Nienstedt" <tnienstedt at> writes:
> Sorry to bother.  I had wished that I had realized this bug existed
> earlier and thought others might appreciate learning of it as well.

I'm sure you posted with the best intentions, so thanks for the

Though it does indeed look like a strange and possibly quite
unpleasant bug for the users of the particular software you're using,
it's of no interest at all to most Python users, who have never heard
of that software, so it's not appropriate for

You want either the authors' email addresses, a mailing list specific
to the library you're using, a bug tracker (database of bugs, almost
always accessed via the web), or some combination of the above.