how do i get a "wide build" precompiled python w support unicode higher than 'ffff'

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Dec 11 09:33:10 EST 2003

"Posadas, Dennis" <dennis.posadas at intel.com> writes:

> I don't want to have to compile python, but I need one ready to support
> unicode that includes CJK.

Umm.  I didn't think CJK characters went beyond the basic multilingual
plane (think that's what it's called).  Python doesn't ship with any
CJK codecs, though -- is that what you're complaining about?  You can
get them from somewhere -- somewhere on SF I think, but it seems to be
doing the "down for maintenence" thing right now.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  This makes it possible to pass complex object hierarchies to
  a C coder who thinks computer science has made no worthwhile