Linux GUI for python?

Jules Dubois hogus at invalid.tld
Fri Dec 12 03:58:57 CET 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:20:01 GMT, in article
<news:pan.2003. at>, Lord Jester wrote:

> Looking for any suggestions for a GUI for python
> under linux.

I used Tkinter for about 10 weeks.  I didn't like it at first but the more
I used it the more I liked it.  There's some good (but incomplete)
documentation at

Alan Gauld has written a useful tutorial but I've lost the URL.

PyGTK looks very good to me.  There is a very nice tutorial at and reference at  There's a mailing list for PyGTK; I
get it through NNTP courtesy of the nice people at

Finally, Alex Martelli says (Message-ID:
<7Ypob.72491$e5.2660364 at>), "Yes, eric + pyqt + qt _IS_ a great