Using python as client-side scripting language in IE 6

popov google at evpopov.com
Tue Dec 16 06:36:18 EST 2003

I try with no luck to use python in a simple html page:

<script language="Python">
window.alert('test')
window.document.write('test')
</script>

When opened in IE6 SP1, that does nothing (no error but no message box
/ nothing written in the page).

I ran win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py and pyscript_rexec.py to
register python as a scripting engine. No errors from those scripts.

As I understand it and from what I have read in this forum and
elsewhere, it should work, but it doesn't: what am I doing wrong ?

Note: I have installed the latest win32all extensions (163) / I'm
working on a W2K Server box (SP3).