language learning vs. process

David MacQuigg shuvit at 127.0.0.1
Mon Dec 1 23:04:50 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:09:31 -0500, "Ryan Walker"
<ryan.walker5 at verizon.net> wrote:
[...]
>If anyone has any pointers on where to get more how-to information more
>oriented towards process/logistics please let me know.

Chapter 1 of "Learning Python" by Mark Lutz is excellent.  Starting on
page 10 with "How to run Python Programs", the rest of the chaper is
all about running from the command line, setting environment
variables, startup scripts, etc.  The only thing missing in the way of
"operational details" is IDLE.  You should definitely work through the
tutorial on that tool.

-- Dave