python vs php for web programming

mir nazim mir4uu at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 09:36:40 EST 2003

i m currently using PHP with Apache (a.k.a 'mod_php') for my web
development work. i came to know that python can also be used to do
web programming using 'mod_python' for Apache. i wanted to know the
difference between th two 'mod_php' and 'mod_python' in terms of:

1. speed of execution.
2. productivity
3. maintainance
(i know python is most productive and maintainable language in the
world, but is it same for web programming with Apache).
4. availability of features e.g, cookies and session hadling,
databases, protocols, etc.

I also wanted to know about Zope and comparison of its proformance,
features, etc. with Apache.