More info on my Python problem...

JD lists at webcrunchers.com
Mon Dec 15 21:56:21 EST 2003

This is more details about my problem,   which I already managed
to post as a Python bug to Sourceforge

This problem is not related to the bug I encountered earlier,  and
this is related to a question I have about Python hanging up
either from a shell,  or my importing a module.

I want to figure out if this really IS a python bug,   but I suspect
that if it hangs up the console,  it would be a bug.

  Is there someone who I might contact
via phone to walk me through this? (Assuming I can't get adequate
information here? Or does anyone care about Python bugs?) This is in
Python 2.3.3c1 on OpenBSD (though I doubt the OS matters). The symptom
is
that I run my program and Python locks up. I cannot control-C or
control-D
to get out of it; I have to log in separately and kill -9 the process.
The
process is listed as "D+" while it is hung, though it doesn't seem to be
accessing the disk, and I'm quite sure there are no disk problems
(though
I'm not physically next to the server, so I can't check the drive LED).

How should I approach debugging this? Are there Python tools? Or should
use gdb? ktrace? systrace? I'm assuming I have to do this, as a bug
report
which reads "Python locks up" isn't to useful.

John