ANN: Twisted 1.1.1

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Dec 10 17:55:37 EST 2003

In article <br849l$qp9$8 at atlantis.news.tpi.pl>,
Jarek Zgoda  <jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl> wrote:
>Lawrence Oluyede <raims at dot.com> pisze:
>
>>> Think about that last just a bit more.  Asyncore is SUCH an
>>> upgrade over what most of the world is doing.
>>
>> Can you explain "over what most of the world is doing" a bit more?
>
>Most of the world still blocks execution with synchronous sockets. Event
>driven programming is not a wholly accepted idea.
			.
			.
			.
Sooooooo true.  Hang out with Perlites or C++ians sometime;
you'll hear them talk about how easy it is to do networking
now, and then they start saying words like "fork" and "thread".
My point is that their accepted concurrency models involve
serious burdens in regard to performance and developmental
fragility.

Mr. Zgoda's right:  event-driven networking remains poorly
appreciated, and those of us who favor it find it MUCH
preferable to the alternatives.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net