numarray doesn't work on win2k

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 11 09:25:02 EST 2003

Alexander Schwaigkofler wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have the following problem with numarray. I read the install.txt manual,
> but it doesn't already work.
> OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
> python: Python 2.2.3 (#42, May 30 2003, 18:12:08) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32
> numarray: Version 0.7
> the output from the installation (by hand) you can see below:
>
> The other possibility to install numarray on a win32 platform is to run the
> self-installing executable. If I tried it that way, I can't test the
> numarray package.
I'm puzzled by this.  There is a test module with numarray.

In any event, you could compose your own.

I've used the self-installing package with an XP, all went smoothly.

Version 0.8 is expected to resolve some problems when it is released.

One of the things it addresses is that the addons will be included in
the main package.

Colin W.
[snip]