print arabic characters

OKB (not okblacke) BrenBarn at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 21:13:32 EST 2003

Peter Otten wrote:

>> Then, for AL runs, you need to replace European numerals with
>> Arabic numerals (but keeping the LTR order).
>
> I always thought of numbers as most significant digit first. But
> the above suggests that they are least significant digit first,
> preserving the original RTL directionality.

    	In Arab countries which use the Indian numerals (not the "Arabic"
ones that we use in the west), the numbers are written with the most
significant digit at the left.  This is indeed "last" with respect to
the normal right-to-left direction of Arabic.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is