ImportError on _socketmodule.so when running a frozen program

Scott Silliman sillyman71 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:57:43 EST 2003

I'm getting the following when I run my executable:

File "/usr/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/_socketmodule.so:
undefined symbol: PyInt_FromLong

However, if I run 'nm' on the executable, I get the following output:

0807cf90 T PyInt_FromLong

doesn't this mean that PyInt_FromLong() is staticly linked into the
executable (got it when it staticly linked in
/usr/lib/python2.2/config/libpython2.2.a )?

Any ideas as to why it doesn't think this symbol is defined?

-Scott