Default parameters

Carl Banks imbosol at aerojockey.invalid
Sat Dec 20 01:35:06 EST 2003

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Carl Banks <imbosol at aerojockey.invalid> writes:
>> The only thing is, I very much doubt I'd be willing to take the
>> performance hit for it.
>
> If you don't like performance hits, you're using the wrong language :).
>
> Seriously, this hasn't been an issue in Common Lisp, which in general
> pays far more attention to performance issues than Python ever has.

Well, if you're right, I'm all for it.

But I hope the reason you want this is because it's less surprising,
more intuitive, more useful, or whatnot, and not just because Common
Lisp did it that way.  Because people who can't see the side of any
computer programming argument except in the context of Common Lisp are
just pathetic.

--
CARL BANKS                      http://www.aerojockey.com/software
"If you believe in yourself, drink your school, stay on drugs, and