Tkinter and OS X 10.3?

Brian Parkinson parki at
Tue Dec 30 21:05:14 CET 2003

I have tried to get Tkinter working on my Mac (OS X 10.3). I installed
MacPython 2.3 and the TclTkAquaBI-

When I type:

import Tkinter
r = Tkinter.Tk()

I get a window all right, but clicking on the window causes the
following error:

SetFrontProcess failed,-606

the window can't properly get focus.

Had same problem when I tried the example Tk application that comes
with nltk (Natural Language Toolkit).

Any ideas?