UserLinux chooses Python as "interpretive language" of choice

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Sun Dec 21 20:40:09 CET 2003

"John Roth" <newsgroups at> wrote in
message news:vu8dii9mh30bf9 at
> It doesn't matter. As you can see by my reply to
> the crux of the issue is that, in Ruby, the
function call
> syntax is *optional.* There is no way to make it
> in Python, and it is not clear whether it should

Just so you know, your adding as conclusion the

> It's a non-starter for Python, though.

did change how I read (and responded to) that (and
other) posts.   Since there is no serious proposal
to change Python, there is no proposal to resist.

Terry J. Reedy