Simple newbie question

Dang Griffith noemail at
Fri Dec 5 13:44:38 CET 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:36:11 +0100, Angelo Secchi <secchi at>

>I'm trying to remove lines with zeros from a list "lista".
>The code i'm using is the following:
>for line in lista:
>	if sum(line == 0) > 0:
>	lista.remove(line)
>The problem is that the loop stops at the first line with zeros and it
>doesn't remove the other lines with zeros (at least if I do not re-run
>the loop). Probably I do not understand how the loop works.
I see other's responses, but am wondering why the line

    if sum(line == 0) > 0:

doesn't raise a "TypeError: iteration over non-sequence" for everyone
else.  line==0 is a single boolean, and a sum on that raises an
exception for me.

I'm also wondering why the program compiles, since the

should be more indented.