Monitoring an MS Exchange mailbox

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 08:51:04 EST 2003

>From: Lindstrom Greg - glinds [mailto:Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com]

[... snip 3 possibilities ...]

>Thank-you!  This fixes the problem; I'm off and running.

Glad to hear it. Sometimes it's the small things...

>one of the reasons I prefer Python over Perl
>is that the Python community does not appear
>to be as hostile towards MS

I'm not familiar with the Perl community, but my experience
of the Python one is that it is just about as sane and
helpful as you're going to get anywhere. That's not to say
that you won't get acerbic responses to foolish questions;
but you'll probably find that someone will answer them
anyway!

>I'm assuming MSDN is Microsoft Developer's Network?
>Is that a subscription service?

Sorry. I assumed... It probably exists in some enhanced
form if you pay, but for most of us, it's the result of
Googling, eg, for MAPI CDO session, and hitting
[I'm Feeling Lucky]. (This URL may get truncated/wrapped;
it's 109 chars long).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cdo/html/_o
lemsg_starting_a_cdo_session.asp

> Now that I can monitor the mailbox, I'd like to delete message
> once they've been processed and would like to see the documentation
> on how to do it as well as other things.

Googling for CDO delete message gives this as the second hit
(again, a long URL):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cdo/html/_o
lemsg_delete_method_message.asp

If you need examples, let me know. I'm trying to put together a
Python CDO examples webpage, but keep getting sidetracked.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk