linux wine py2exe ??

Tim Roberts timr at
Sun Dec 21 00:18:36 CET 2003

duikboot <> wrote:
>I've tried to create a .exe file on linux (Fedora).
>So in installed wine, python2.3 with wine and py2exe (with wine ofcourse)
>I made a setup file ( and ran
>>wine python.exe py2exe
>Does anybody know what I've done wrong? Or is it just not possible

Before folks spend a lot of time giving the answer, I would just like to
confirm something.

Are you REALLY trying to create a Windows executable on Linux?  Or are you
actually wanting to make a Linux executable, and you have been misled into
thinking that py2exe is the only way to do that?
- Tim Roberts, timr at
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.