Why Python won't work on .net

Allenabethea allenabethea at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 11:22:17 EST 2003

Jython is 100% java coded python.
Python objects work with javacompilers and Virtual machines.

I am a hobby programmer so the technical reasons are probably beyond me...
Why is python incompatible with .net? Why can't python be coded in C#?

I see the the MONO project on linux/unix is advancing. .Net seems to be a
juggernaut especially if programmers will be able to use their favorite(most
productive) language to program in. (every language but python)

I am a new python tinkerer. I love the language. But what is its future but as
a legacy tool?

allen