UserLinux chooses Python as "interpretive language" of choice

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Tue Dec 23 11:39:34 EST 2003

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote in message
news:Vt2dnVX2JsOw83WiRVn-iQ at comcast.com...

> John Roth" <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote in
> message
>
> > Technically, since names are simply keys in
> dictionaries,
>
> This is only true of attribute names, the third
> use of 'name'.

That's the sense I assumed Francis Avila was
using the term in, and I didn't particularly care
to be pedantic and discuss the different ways
the word 'name' can be used, espeially since
Lewis Carroll did such a fine job of it once.

Of course, I could be wrong about which
usage he intended.

John Roth