language learning vs. process

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at
Tue Dec 2 04:03:15 CET 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:09:31 -0500, Ryan Walker wrote:
> I'm finding that there is very little (that I can find) about how to
> do basic logistical things related to using python and implementing
> programs.  For example: how to run a program.  That's pretty basic,
> but I don't see anything in the tutorials about it.

That's probably because it's very dependent on the OS and environment
you're using; running programs, forming commands, customising an
environment are better documented in the docs for the OS.

Putting that kind of stuff in detail into Python's docs (or a
PYthon-specific tutorial) would be a waste of space: you'd be
uninterested in all the information that was for environments other than
your own.

 \       "It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."  |
  `\                                                     -- David Hume |
Ben Finney <>