Tkinter question: how to the red "Tk" window title bar icon?

John Benson jsbenson at bensonsystems.com
Tue Dec 2 18:58:42 EST 2003

Hi, I'm using Tkinter and would like to know how to replace the red "Tk"
logo in the left corner of the title bar of the root window with some other
icon.

Another question for curiosity's sake:

I've often seen Tkinter referred to as the "standard" Python GUI. I assume
that this is because it may be the oldest and perhaps the most
cross-platform. Is that all that can be said for it? I've already heard
about the Tkinter interpretive overhead, but given the amazing increase in
CPU speeds recently, I wave my paw and just say "Bah!" (something I learned
from Dogbert). Any other comments?

Thanks in advance for any aid and comfort.