win32net.NetUserChange vs XP

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 05:37:12 EST 2003

I'm trying to centralize changing the administrator password on our mini
office net and the following works OK for all of the win2k clients.

win32net.NetUserChangePassword(comp, 'Administrator', current, next)

however, it fails with access denied for the XP machines and I'm not
clever enough to work out why. I do notice that XP seems to have a
different system drive (Windows instead of Winnt) and that I am unable
to work out how to  share that directory.
--
Robin Becker