[ python-l ] scrolling a frame

David Boddie davidb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 14:49:19 EST 2003

"Toph" <toph at laposte.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.62.1070442003.16879.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a software in Python using Tkinter. The choice of
> my team is not to use pyton MegaWidgets.
> I would like to scroll a frame.

First of all, I recommend that you look at the following example. I found it
to be very useful when addressing a similar problem:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/1999-October/013255.html

Cutting and editing from now on...

> This is a peace of my code :

[...]

> canvas = Canvas(global frame)

Is that valid syntax? I'm not able to successfully use the "global" keyword in
similar circumstances.

> # My problem
> is that i would like the scrollregion to scroll only the space taken by
>
> # the frame but my program does not do it well...

Sorry not to address your exact problem. I haven't used Tkinter seriously
for quite a while. Still, I hope that the above reference is of some use.

David