Handling states with HTTP

John P. Speno spamfilter at macspeno.com
Sun Dec 21 10:20:47 EST 2003

>In other words, I'm looking for a package that will use cookies or CGI
>variables to save the state of the program in between HTTP requests.  Packages
>like Albatross seem to require class definitions for each page, which isn't
>as natural or convenient as treating an HTML form as an input function (like
>raw_input()).

I'm sure many of the packages you can find here:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

have some form of session managment that you'll be able to use.

Take a look at pso (Python Service Objects):

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pso/

Having just recently used it, I think pso has exactly what you want.
Here are some examples of its usage for session managment:

    http://www.scriptfoundry.com/modules/pso/doc/session-cgi.html

Take care.