Default parameters

Dang Griffith noemail at noemail4u.com
Fri Dec 19 07:27:54 EST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:25:27 +1300, "Greg Ewing (using
news.cis.dfn.de)" <g2h5dqi002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

>Stian Søiland wrote:
>> When is this issue going to be resolved? Enough newbie-pythoners have
>> made this mistake now.
>
>Changes are rarely if ever made to Python for the sole reason
>of reducing newbie mistakes. There needs to be a payoff for
>long-term use of the language as well.

I strongly concur with this principle.  Too often, I've been on a team
that goes to such efforts to make a system easy for newbies to learn
that the normal/advanced users are then handicapped by a dumbed-down
interface.  E.g., after you've performed some process enough times, do
you *really* need a step-by-step wizard?

    --dang