Printing dots in single-line

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 1 13:32:13 EST 2003

"Rainer Deyke" <rainerd at eldwood.com> writes:

> Alok Singhal wrote:
> > Incidentally, I saw other responses, and most of them suggest
> > sys.stdout.write().  Is there a reason that is preferable over the
> > solution above?
>
> Yes: the print statement is an abomination.

Says you.

    I mean, just take a look at Joe Strout's brilliant little "python
    for beginners" page. Replace all print-statements with
    sys.stdout.write( string.join(map(str, args)) + "\n") and you
    surely won't get any new beginners.  And That Would Be A Very Bad
    Thing.
          -- Fredrik Lundh, 27 Aug 1996

Cheers,
mwh

--
  : Giant screaming pieces of excrement, they are.
  I have a feeling that some of the people in here have a