Getting Extended Error Information

bala blk at
Fri Dec 5 07:21:08 CET 2003

Hi,I Need Clear Explanaiation of this below code...Bcos my requirement is similar to the below codeI found this code example code in this link is not returning the MyTestResult class object, instead it is returning the TestResult Class object.import unittest

class MyTestCase(unittest.TestCase):
    def defaultTestResult(self):
        return MyTestResult()

class MyTestResult(unittest.TestResult):
    def __init__(self):
        self.errors_tb = []
        self.failures_tb = []

    def addError(self, test, err):
        self.errors_tb.append((test, err))
        unittest.TestResult.addError(self, test, err)

    def addFailure(self, test, err):
        self.failures_tb.append((test, err))
        unittest.TestResult.addFailure(self, test, err)
suite = unittest.TestSuite()suite.addTest(unittest.makeSuite(MyTestCase))result = unittest.TextTestRunner(verbosity=2).run(suite)if you run this code,defaultTestResult(self) method not get called....Pls tell me how to extract the error information from MyTestResult classI will be thankfull to you...if u give a solution for the above problem.RegardsBala