ANN: lunatic-python 0.1

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Sat Dec 13 17:11:12 EST 2003

> Accessing above with default IE6 brings up Untrusted
> Certificate page.  With choices Proceed, Stop,
> AddCertificate (to root table).  It seems conectiva issued
> itself its own  certificate.  I hope this is just silliness
> rather than a devious attempt to get people to accept its
> self-certification, which I was not about to do.  I know

This is mostly a developers site. The https server is used
just to protect passwords from being sent as plain text.
Also, this is not silliness, and neither an attempt to
get people to do anything. It's just "do what you can, with
what you have, where you are".

> enough that I thought it probably safe to proceed without
> adding cert, but not enough to be sure. Some people would
> stop there, and I might have on another day.  I recommend
> you take this up with conectiva.

I have mentioned this in the past, and will mention again now.

Thanks.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net