Help on MSAA

Gary Bishop gb at cs.unc.edu
Tue Dec 9 11:31:52 EST 2003

Mythili Madhav <smi at srasys.co.in> wrote:
> I need to write a wrapper around MSAA in Python for having my own control
> classes like MyApplication, MyWindow, MyPushButton etc which I think is
> basically to subclass from MSAA's classes. I have downloaded pyAA but I
> don't know how and from what to subclass. Has anybody worked on this? If
> yes, kindly revert.

pyAA is a low-level wrapper for MSAA and WindowsEvents which are two
really tricky to use APIs. What is there is just what we have needed so far.

Look at the bottom of pyAA.py at the example of watching Internet
Explorer. It demonstrates a primitive series of classes that go
from AAbase to a WindowWatcher, to AAapp and on to AAIE (a wrapper
for Internet Explorer).

gb