Python progamming certification

Alan James Salmoni alan_salmoni at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 06:56:51 EST 2003

Actually, this does raise a serious question - would there be any use
in having such a scheme.

As I am in the job market (not necessarily for Python!), I'm finding
it hard to convince people that I *can* write in Python (note: I
didn't say my programming was any good ;)), even with my own open
source project. A lot of suits and personnel type people just don't
consider FOSS work to be of any value (but then would I want to work
for such a company...?), rather commercial experience only being the
thing of worth. A certification or accredidation might go some way to
solving this, and it might have more status if it were "led" by the
PSF, PBF or whoever. And like someone else in the thread suggested, it
could be a way of generating income...

Alan.