problems on GUI editor~

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Dec 12 09:33:38 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:08:02 -0800 (PST), rumours say that black
<quiteblack at yahoo.com> might have written:

>Howdy~
> I am trying to code with a text editor, during that i got some problems and i hope anyone could supply any clue, they are laied right below:

>1 how can we undo and redo action ? This command can be commonly located at Edit-Undo and Edit-Redo for most of editors.

Are you trying to code WITH a text editor or are you trying to CODE a
text editor?

>2 can we communicate with clipboard of current system ?

Yes, but the code is specific for every system (cause I haven't read
anything about a clipboard abstraction in Tkinter)

>3 i build a textfield by Text class of Tkinter module. i found some shortcut keys are automatically activated but they did not act as what i expected, how can i config or disable them ?

Try using the .bind method of the Text widget to make them do what you
want.

>4 how can we customize a right-clicking menu ? i searched whole Tkinter but found no menu be available for right-clicking

Hm, I can't remember something about this.  Have you checked:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/GuiBooks

http://www.python.org/topics/tkinter/

?

>one million thanx for any suggestion~

I don't have 999999 thanx in change :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix