PyThreadState_Swap difference in 2.3.2?

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Mon Dec 15 17:59:32 EST 2003

>The same thing stumped me too a couple of days ago (s.
>http://groups.google.nl/groups?q=PyNew_Interpreter&hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=braiu1%243r3%241%40news4.tilbu1.nb.home.nl&rnum=1 )
>with 2.3.3c1 (same applies 2.4a0 for that matter).

Interesting. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot of information out
there on what we're trying to do.

I went ahead and commented out that check, but then I came across another
problem. In object.c, it hit an assertion:

	assert(mro != NULL);

This was for a custom Python type I had created in C. It was assuming this
mro field was initialized, which it wasn't. It must be something new,
because this all used to work in 2.2

I will have to keep looking at the release notes.

I wish there was a "upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3" document for people who are
writing custom Python extensions, and doing embedding and such.