redirecting Stdin

Erik Max Francis max at
Wed Dec 3 12:34:20 CET 2003

Jon Arter wrote:

> after redirection   sys.stdin = file('newinput')

This isn't after redirection, it causes it.

> line=sys.stdin:readline()
> exec line

This contains at least two errors:  You meant a period instead of a
colon, and the exec statement makes no sense.

> This results in a parsing error when the file reading reaches the
>  def detectip():
> sentence .
> You can execute the command line as long as it is a single line
> command
> How to Get arround this ?

Since you're not showing precisely the code that's executing and
precisely the error you're getting, I can't even understand what you're
talking about.

   Erik Max Francis && max at &&
/  \
\__/ Do not stand in a place of danger trusting in miracles.
    -- (an Arab proverb)