ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python

Ville Vainio ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi
Thu Dec 25 16:52:15 EST 2003

Tom Plunket <tomas at fancy.org> writes:

> Brandon, why not heed the advice that one holds back such an
> announcement until someone actually has something interesting to
> announce?  You know how many of these sorts of projects are

It's just Usenet - people use the bandwidth for much less interesting
stuff anyway. Also, I think mentioning a project one is about to
embark on in Usenet is a good idea, for finding the possible prior art
or like-minded individuals if nothing else.

> Seems like a huge waste of time, starting with the fact that
> editing the C codebase to do what you want is likely, at this
> point, far easier.

Perhaps the eventual results would be less interesting w/ that
approach?

--
Ville Vainio   http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24