Broken python-model.el

Peter Milliken PeterM at resmed.com.au
Thu Dec 18 15:38:07 EST 2003

G'Day Skip,

Sorry mate, I haven't been following the progress of python-mode.el at
sourceforge. I have been using 4.6 (warts and all) and just followed up John
Lee's reference.

So I don't even know what the "trailing builtin" problem is :-) All I know
is that I don't like the way python-mode.el (currently) tries to find
shadowed builtins. I would hardly call highlighting the "ord" in
"swimrecord" as showing a shadowed builtin :-) I found the current mechanism
highly annoying to be honest as it distracts rather than enhances.

Good luck with your efforts though and I'll certainly keep an eye on the
progress there at sourceforge now that I know about it.

Peter